NIROFLEX is a moderately priced, single-wall carrier pipe made of seamless, helically corrugated stainless steel with a PE jacket. One of the primary uses of this pipe is DEF and other below ground applications, where UL approval is not required. the fact that the PE jacket is UV protected makes this pipe also ideal for above ground installations. This pipe is easy to handle and install. It is manufactured in “endless” lengths, which eliminates connections (potential leak points) between beginning and end.
Starting on January 1, 2010, EPA Regulation 2010 required diesel vehicles to reduce nitrogen oxide emissions significantly. Because of this stringent requirement, most trucks have committed to using Selective Catalytic Reduction system (SRC). SRC reduces nitrogen oxide emissions by converting it into harmless nitrogen through the use of a special catalytic converter and a non-explosive, non-toxic, non-flammable, water-based solution called Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF). New trucks are fitted with a DEF tank as well as a fuel tank. Truck drivers can fill up with DEF at retail fueling stations. Below are some characteristics of DEF
- It is a non-toxic, colorless and odorless mature of 32.5% urea and purified water
- It freezes below 12 degrees fahrenheit
- It should last at least one year when stored between 10 and 90 degrees fahrenheit
- If continuously stored about 90 degrees fahrenheit, DEF’s shelf life is reduced to 6 months
- One of two approved materials for the handling of DEF is stainless steel